CERN welcomes about 170,000 visitors from all over the world every year, either to visit the permanent exhibitions or to follow a guided tour of the installations.
But it is also possible to book a group virtual visit of one of the LHC experiments: ATLAS or CMS.
All CERN visits are free of charge.
In 2019 CERN welcomed 112 Belgian groups for a total of approximately 1950 visitors on guided tours (which represents 1.3% of the total number of visitors on guided tours).
Geneva is particularly well connected to Belgium by airplane with multiple daily flights, which makes a one-day-visit programme a valid option.
When coming by car from Belgium, estimate around 6-8 hours of driving hours depending on your starting point.
Visit the permanent exhibitions - no booking needed
- Microcosm: open from Monday to Saturday from 08:30 am to 5:30 pm
- Universe of Particles: open from Monday to Saturday from 08:30 am to 5:30 pm
- Passport to the Big Bang: 10 interactive platforms, free access, over a 54km bike trail on top of the LHC
- Visits for groups (min 12 persons) - book up to 9 months in advance
- Visits for individuals (less than 12 persons) - booking on site only (no online booking), upon availability and maximum 2 hours in advance
Head of Visitors and Local Engagement Service